One of the highest forts in the Ahmednagar region, the Harishchandragad Fort stands at an elevation of 1,422 Mtrs. The fort has many remnants from ancient times such as Kedareshwar Temple, Harishchandreshwar Temple, Saptatirtha Pushkarni, The Famous Kokan Kada, Taramati Peak – also the 3rd highest peak in Maharashtra and much more. With the various routes leading up to the fort, the one from Paachnai is the easiest to trek with just 1.5 hrs of trek. It is said that the great sage Changdev used to meditate in the caves of the fort present here from the 14th Century.
Duration: 1 Night 2 Days
Difficulty Level: Easy
Fitness Level: Medium
- Hike up to the 3rd highest peak of Maharashtra.
- Spend some quality time at the famous Kokankada.
- Enjoy the local village style cuisine.
- Explore the monuments on the fort with a huge history.
- Mesmerizing views of the nearby forts and mountain ranges.
- Certified and Experienced Team members with knowledge of First Aid.
Day 01: 23rd January 2021 – Pune to Paachnai (165 Kms / 5.5 Hrs)
Report our Trek Leader at Girikand office at 1700 Hrs. Depart to Bamnoli by 1730 Hrs. Have dinner en route and reach Paachnai village which is the base village of the fort by 2300 Hrs and stay.
Day 02: 24th January 2021 – Trek – Departure to Pune. (165 Kms / 5.5 Hrs)
0630 Hrs: Wakeup call and freshen up to have breakfast.
0730 Hrs: After breakfast, we start the trek to the fort.
0900 Hrs: Reach the top of the fort near Harishchandreshwar Temple. After some rest, we start exploring the fort.
1300Hrs: After exploring the fort we have our Packed Lunch at Kokankada on the fort while getting more information about the area from our Outdoors Experts.
1400 Hrs: Post lunch we start descending the fort and again walk down the trail through the forest till the base.
1600 Hrs: Reach the base and board our bus after some rest and freshening up.
1630 Hrs: Departure to Pune and have evening tea and snacks en route.
2100 Hrs: Reach Girikand Office and Trek Ends.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea & Snacks
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Pune to Pune by Private Non Ac Sanitized Girikand Vehicle.
- Meals 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Evening tea & Snacks, 1 Dinner.
- European Standard safety Equipment.
- Certified & Experienced Outdoors Experts.
- First Aid.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Dinner on Day 2
- Any personal expenses incurred by the participants like Mineral Water, Soft Drinks, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.